Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Meme time

Hey cool. I've been memed by the gifted Timothy Jones over at Old World Swine. Quirky unspectacular things about me? Nothing like being memed to realize you are more boring than you ought to be. I'll give it a shot.

Here are the rules of the meme:

1. Link the person(s) who tagged you
2. Mention the rules on your blog
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours
4. Tag 6 fellow bloggers by linking them
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged.

I'm tagging Colleen and Christina. If you are reading this and want to be tagged, then be tagged.

And here's my six (seven) quirks:

1. I weigh approximately 140 pounds, and am what they call "a rake". But I can eat an entire large size "the works" pizza in one sitting, come back half an hour later and eat more.

2. I close my eyes during the commercials before the previews at the movie theater. Sometimes during the previews.

3. I hate, and have always hated bananas. I can't put one in my mouth without slightly gagging. And if it's cut up in a fruit salad I just swallow the pieces without letting it touch my tongue or roof of mouth.

4. When I'm driving I constantly identify trees. Often my head turns back to see a tree I passed by.

5. Whenever reciting the Nicene Creed at mass, at the part that goes, "…and through Him all things were made", I always automatically say instead, "and through Him all things remain."

6. When I come up with a line or two of poetry in my mind, I always count out the syllables on my fingers just to see if they add up to ten.

6. When I get to talking, often a sort of accent takes over, sometimes prompting people to ask me if I'm Irish.

No comments: