Saturday, May 4, 2019

Is Game of Thrones any good?


I have my serious doubts.

I have been hounded with two questions for quite some time. One of them is, "When are you going to get a cell phone?"

The other one is, "You haven't watched a single episode of Game of Thrones?!"

"You need to get a cell phone."

"You have to watch Game of Thrones."

And so on.

So I did get a cell phone - not through purchasing, but just by waiting, hand-me-down from family. Now I just need to get a SIM card for it, and use of the cell phone would only be for certain, strict, bare minimum functions.

Of course, getting that SIM card for the phone...LOL.

Why not just stick the SIM card in the wrist and be done with it?

And I did watch an episode of Game of Thrones! Not because I wanted to, but because I was at a family due, some weeks ago, and they were chomping to watch Game of Thrones, so I watched it with them, knowing I would be lost for not having seen anything previous - though I could gather from the one episode what the refrains are throughout the series.

The main thing that struck me while watching it was, "Why are they constantly talking in severe gravel undertones like Christian Bale's Batman? Are they trying to ruin their vocal cords or something? Huh, this is kind of bizarre."

Aside from that, I'm pretty sure the whole series is sort of plodding, second rate solemnity and generic neo-Medievalist storytelling punctuated with Professional Grade, five-star fornication that conveniently produces no babies.

And I saw from the trailer that the series has dragons. From what I could tell, they are all evil dragons.

"What", said I, "You mean there's no good luck dragons in this show? That is most unfortunate."

No comments: