Thursday, December 3, 2015

That was kind of the park ranger



Why, you're most welcome! Next time if you could just leave me a key for the lock so that I can come and go as I please, if you don't mind, that would be swell. A ham and swiss cheese sandwich would be nice too. Thanks!

I would like to state that I was tardy back to my vehicle because I was occupied - under a Canadian sky miraculously clear - with a woman, K-I-S-S-I-N-G. I would like to say so, because when you're in the sharp winter dusk (even though it's technically not winter yet) and the forest trees at the field's edge are strangely luminous in the dimming light and the geese are making their silly honking noises in the sky, that's exactly what you want to be doing - to be with a woman, K-I-S-S-I-N-G.

I would like to say that, but alas, it is untrue. Woe! I was drawing! And all alone! I don't even have a girlfriend! How tragic! Drawing, drawing, drawing! The chickadees were dancing around - now this is true - saying to me that the after-light does not stay for long this time of year. Your fingers are numb! They can barely hold the pencil anymore! Your toes are numb! Frost is on the grass! Time for you to go, go, go! You still have a long walk!

But I did not obey.

No comments: