Monday, May 19, 2014

Mole and Leaf

Dug up a live mole in the garden. After turning over a wad of earth he was just sitting there. The plump little fella played dead, until I tried scooping him up with the spade. Then he burrowed back into the earth. I had never seen a mole in the act of digging before. Moles can burrow into the earth like the Dickens.

Like the Dickens.

I could not concede to killing him, though all what it would have taken was a quick splice with the spade and it would have been lights out for Mr. Mole. Or - since it's a mole - would that be lights on?

This dried leaf,




was a leaf I took from the forest - in order to dry it.

Why? Because when you dry this leaf from the forest it makes a smell.

What does it smell like? I would describe it if I could. But I can't, so I won't.

That's all.


1 comment:

Terry Nelson said...

You are a kind man. I don'y kill my moles or chipmunks or rabbits or garden mouses either.