Monday, February 1, 2010

Specs

I have probably needed glasses now for a few years, though it was only very recently, in December, that I bought a prescription (first time since childhood getting an eye exam too!). Driving at night was mostly what prompted me. They are a fairly light prescription, but wow, what a difference.

They are classy-looking Ray Ban and I'm pretty sure the salesman that helped me whittle down the pair was Italian.

The other day I had my first scary spec moment - the moment you realize you were completely unaware that you're wearing the glasses, and you put your hand to your face and there they are, where they've been all along. They have become fused with your head.

It was spec-tack-you-lar.

4 comments:

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

Welcome to my world, Paul Stilwell! I'm amused at the way you make it sound so cyberpunk . . . ;)

Paul Stilwell said...

Cyberpunk! I didn't think of that.

I haven't actually read any cyberpunk. Would you recommend anything?

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

The only Cyberpunk I've read is by William Gibson, for a paper I took at uni. I thought all the stories in Burning Chrome were okay, but a friend who lives for SF can't hear or read Gibson's name without telling me that he's "all sizzle and no steak."

So when I welcomed you to my world, I merely meant the world of spec sporters! =P

Paul Stilwell said...

Well it's a world of clarity. Thanks for the welcome!