Friday, October 30, 2009

Pumpkin Carving Time


I have a thing for owls in trees. There's this experience I had one evening a while back in the woods...a memory.


The pumpkins were gathered up today. There were fourteen of them in the garden. I think there are four left out there (not the ones in the picture; those were grabbed).

Here's me bringing in the kill:


With the pumpkin slicked from the rain and from washing it down with the hose it looks like I just gave birth to it. And the labour was so intense it caused my hairline to rapidly recede.

The membrane, the actual meat of these Rouge Vif d'Etampes pumpkins, is so incredibly thick and sweet smelling. You really have to put some effort into carving these ones.

Here's a couple more shots:



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice to see the man behind the blog :-)