Saturday, September 8, 2012

So long, skuzzy shit hole

























That with the boards in the windows was the strip bar in my hometown. There were workers inside the other day gutting it. Now it will be turned into an accommodation unit.

Over the years, every time I passed by this place I would pray with great force this prayer: Jesus, Mary and Joseph, I love you very much. I beg you to bring an end to the stripping that goes on here, or to shut this place down completely - if it is the will of Jesus. Amen.

Oh, and I might have placed Divine Mercy pamphlets around the doors and sprinkled blessed salt around the place a couple times when I was out for walks at night.

I'm not claiming anything here, except to say that, one way or another, directly or indirectly, one's prayers are always answered.

The place did not shut down because of bad business. Someone in on the know told me the city has been wanting to get rid of the place for some time now. The place has been a blight on the pleasant main drag, which the city has been making commendable strides for, to restoring a thriving local economy. The bar was a skuzz hole and a watering trough for Hell's Angels.

So when the owner wanted to open up some other places away in town to do with drink, the city said, nope, only if you sell that skuzzy shit hole.

And that was that.

2 comments:

cyurkanin said...

Well, I'll be darned, just a few hours ago I was saying to myself that I need to check in on Paul and see if he hasn't gone off and joined the army or something, and behold, he reappears. Glad to see the skuzzy s**t hole close but gladder to see you back on the blog :)

Paul Stilwell said...

Ah, so that's why my ears were ringing! ;) Thanks for the welcome back, Christopher.