Sunday, September 26, 2010

Pants! Women! Click Here!

Here is Chesterton the Prophet on women wearing pants:

"It is highly typical of the rabid plagiarism which now passes everywhere for emancipation, that a little while ago it was common for an “advanced” woman to claim the right to wear trousers; a right about as grotesque as the right to wear a false nose…It is quite certain that the skirt means female dignity. Whether female liberty is much advanced by the act of wearing a skirt on each leg I do not know; perhaps Turkish women might offer some information on the point…It is quite certain that the skirt means female dignity, not female submission; it can be proved by the simplest of all tests. No ruler would deliberately dress up in the recognized fetters of a slave; no judge would appear covered in broad arrows. But when men wish to be safely impressive, as judges, priests or kings, they do wear skirts, the long trailing robes of female dignity." --What's Wrong With The World

That's because he was a dominating control freak! Time for Shea to throw him under the bus! LOL!

2 comments:

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

I had no idea what you were leading up to (as Spike Is Best isn't *that* sort of Catholic blog), but then I read the punchline.

LOL x 100!!!!!!!!

And now that I've left a comment, there is a crazy chance that Mark Shea will show up on your blog and flip me off with the Lord's Name again. So I'm not sure whether I'm doing you a favour by showing up like this. But really, how could I resist? =P

Paul Stilwell said...

LOL.

I was hoping you would leave a comment! I'm tired of hearing all these crickets.